Do you dream about owning a charming bakeshop or cafe? Do you love making (or eating!!) beautiful cakes, pies or pastries? Marlo is a straight shooter and doesn’t sugarcoat about the process of opening a small business. She offers actionable tips and advice on the critical components for opening a cafe / bakery. Through her comprehensive framework, you’ll leave class knowing what to expect and how best to plan for the journey ahead.
Bring your delicious dream to life!
- Business Planning 101 – the importance of the plan; resources, template, business model options
- Finding your perfect space
- Financing options
- Working with Architects, General Contractors, Landlords, Brokers, & Expeditors
- Dept of Health & Dept of Buildings
- Space Layout/Planning
- Equipment Sourcing
- Menu Planning
- Staffing and hours of operations
- Vendor Management
- Key Team Considerations – your role + bookkeeper + accountant + lawyer
- The Importance of Trademarks
- Branding (experience on-premise, menus/biz cards, packaging & other collateral, website)
- Marketing & PR (social media, editorial, traditional, coupons & Groupons)
- Running the Business – Recruiting, Training, Checklists & Procedures, Your presence
$199 (2 hour class)
Refunds are NOT issued. Re-schedulings are NOT accommodated.